Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Possessed Sewing Machine? Maybe.

Is it possible that my trusty little Husky has suddenly become demon-possessed?  How ELSE do you explain the fact that, after sewing about 20 bags and wallets, it suddenly has come unaligned?  Doesn't unalignment take time??  
The problem, I finally discovered, is that the needle is hitting the foot instead of the fabric.  (I assume this has something to do with alignment somewhere.)  It doesn't hit the foot if there's no fabric under it.  That's handy, isn't it?  And if I take the Husky in for service, I'll be without him for 2 weeks!  What to do, what to do?  (Of course, take it in before someone gets hurt!)
On a lighter (non-possessed) note, I DID figure out how to sew a hem in the vinyl I'm using for the wallets these days.  With a nod to William Carlos Williams, so much depends on the lower tension.

2 comments:

marsha said...

oh dear ... i have no knowledge of sewing lingo whatsoever but i do hope you get it all sorted out soon! :) i suppose if all my jewellery making tools starting acting funny, i would freak too! :)

ThePeachTree said...

That was a whole lot of gibberish to me! I'm SO sewing illiterate :) I hope you got everything worked out okay!