Friday, April 11, 2008

Bag Parties, New Feet, and Baby Kicks, Oh my!


I am majorly pumped about a bag party in the making.  A friend of mine saw the bag I was carrying (a bird tote), and said, "You really should be doing that!  I'll have a bag party!"  So I have been working on fancying-up my designs a little bit with the various tote bags.

Along those lines, I have some completely awesome thank-you gifts coming soon for the bag party guests.  There will be lip balm with a customized Seat Of My Pants label on it (complete with an all-white background photo, a new one for me--see photo), courtesy ivaart (http://ivaart.etsy.com) and some funky little pocket mirrors made with scrapbook paper, courtesy ChristineRenee (http://christinerenee.etsy.com).  I just can't wait to see 'em all!

Yesterday I called the sewing machine guy and asked him if he could take a look at my defunct walking foot.  He did--all the parts poured out like a cartoon!  No wonder that thing didn't work.  He gave me a stellar deal on a new walking foot, and my sewing hour this morning went very smoothly.

Our little baby waby has been turning cartwheels this morning.  I think it's almost that time when I'll be able to SEE the movements!

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

That bag party sounds excellent! I wish there were parties like around here.