Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Diaper Bag fit for Quadruplets


Well, maybe not quadruplets, not that I'd know.  It is massive though!  A friend of mine asked if I made them, and I said that I could, but definitely wanted to take a stab at it before I ordered and cut her fabric to smithereens.  Yesterday, with the only piece of fabric that I had that was big enough, I made my very first official diaper bag.  

The thing I'm most pleased with about the bag is its flap.  It's messenger bag style, and in the flap I put a lovely lined, zippered pocket.  My first successful zipper (outside of tiny felt change purses)!  

The design is right, but even for a diaper bag I think it's too wide.  At the bottom, it's 18 x 5--and the 5 is not the problem, but the 18 gets gradually wider until the top of the bag, where it's nearly 2 feet across.  I suppose it is a good design to keep on hand as an option, but I would personally prefer a slightly smaller bag.


No comments: